Sunday, November 6, 2011

Holidays

So, obviously Halloween was a pretty tough holiday.  Unfortunately, that has given me all the more anxiety about the upcoming months.  DH and I always split up the holidays between his folks and mine.  This year, we are spending Thanksgiving with my family.  I am so excited to spend the holiday with them because it has been about 2 years since we've gotten to spend a holiday with my parents, sister, BIL, and nephew (when nephew was born, it threw off the alternating schedule).  Here's why I have anxiety about Thanksgiving- my sister and BIL are TTC with #2.  While I hope and pray they have another successful pregnancy, I am so worried that it will be announced over that weekend and I won't be able to keep it together.  So, that's Thanksgiving. 

For Christmas, we are spending the holiday with DH's family.  I am so excited to see them as we don't get to see them nearly enough.  I am worried however, because he has a very large family and I KNOW that they will start asking questions.  Not to mention, I would not be surprised if my SIL is trying for #3.  It's so hard because I want my sister and SIL to hav etheir babies so badly, but it is just so darn bittersweet.

On top of all of this, DH suffers from depression.  Usually, it's managed pretty well with medicine, but he also gets seasonal depression.  He tends to sleep a lot and just stays pretty sad all through winter.  I just hope I can find some ways to get through the holidays unscathed.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to cope with the holidays? 

No comments:

Post a Comment