Monday, November 14, 2011

The Waiting Game

I am a patient person.  I have a job where patience is the only way to make it through the day sometimes.  But this infertility stuff is reallllllllly testing my patience!  Even knowing that we have progressed through this process fairly swiftly (found out about azoo after only 8 months of TTC, got into UR within a week, an appointment with an RE in less than 6 weeks), my patience is seriously being put to the test. 

I have been waiting on pins and needles for this RE appointment that is scheduled for the middle of December.  I am on a waiting list, and have typically been checking my phone every half hour during work... except last Thursday.  I had to stay at work until 8, therefore did not check my phone between 12 and 8.  And wouldn't you know it.... THEY CALLED TO GIVE ME AN OPENING THE NEXT MORNING!  I missed it!  I called back and they had already given it away.  So, here I wait again.

This, of course, gives me wayyyyy too much time to think about all of the possibilities.  I keep getting excited because I have found so many blogs where men with azoospermia have been able to have their own sperm extracted through a biopsy.  Then again, I have found so many where they found none.  Btw, we decided against brother sperm- brother and DH just don't have the right kind of relationship where we would be comforable.  We've decided that DS is just not going to be an option for us- it feels like our options list just keeps getting shorter and shorter.  But.... we still don't even know if we have DH's sperm!  Which brings me back to my original point- patience is a bitch!

4 comments:

  1. IF sucks. days feel like years and years feel like centuries... here's hoping there is another appt soon OR the next few weeks fly by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the waiting. It's SOOO hard. Hoping the time flys by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I understand the lack of patience! We started trying in April 2010 and by August 2010 I was knocking on the door of an RE due to anovulatory cycles. While our diagnosis and journey was not as clear cut at yours, I totally get how sucky it is to have to wait. So much of this infertility process is about waiting- waiting to see an RE, waiting to get diagnostic results, waiting for treatments, the two week wait. So much waiting! It is enough to make any infertile lose her patience.
    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The waiting is definitely the hardest part. so much waiting.

    ReplyDelete